16 April 2012

Invictus

Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Other
Invictus
by William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

不可征服
威廉·埃内斯特·亨利(1849 – 1903)

夜幕中我独自彷徨,
无边的狂野一片幽鸣。
感谢万能的上苍,
赐给我倔强的心灵。

任凭恶浪冲破堤坝,
绝不畏缩,绝不哭泣。
任凭命运百般作弄,
血可流,头不可低。

在这充满悲愤的土地,
恐怖幽灵步步已趋,
纵使阴霾常年聚集,
始终无法令我畏惧。

且不管旅途是否顺畅平稳,
不管承受多么深重的创伤,
我是我命运的主人,
我是我灵魂的船长。

(页底注释:《Invictus》译文来自互联网,译者不详,谨向译者致敬!)

No comments:

Post a Comment